This is a single license Digital eBook PDF File that is downloadable, and password protected
This edited book comprises chapters that describe the IoT, machine learning, and blockchain technologies for renewable energy and modern hybrid power systems with simulation examples and case studies.
After reading this book, users will understand recent technologies such as IoT, machine learning techniques, and blockchain technologies and the application of these technologies to renewable energy resources and modern hybrid power systems through simulation examples and case studies.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to IoT - Asim Maharjan and Saju Khakurel
2. IoT and its Requirements for Renewable Energy Resources - D. Gunapriya, R. Sivakumar, and K. Sabareeshwaran
3. Power Quality Monitoring of Low Voltage Distribution System Toward Smart Distribution Grid Through IoT - P. Sivaraman et al.
4. Health Monitoring of a Transformer in a Smart Distribution System using IoT - P. Sivaraman, C. Sharmeela, and P. Sanjeevikumar
5. Introduction To Machine Learning Techniques - Saniya M. Ansari et al.
6. Machine Learning Techniques for Renewable Energy Resources - K. Punitha, S. Anbarasi, and T. Balasubramanian
7. Application of Optimization Technique in Modern Hybrid Power Systems - D. Lakshmi et al.
8. Application of Machine Learning Techniques in Modern Hybrid Power Systems – A Case Study - B. Koti Reddy et al.
9. Establishing a Realistic Shunt Capacitor Bank with a Power System using PSO/ACCS - Ali Mohamed Eltamaly et al.
10. Introduction to Blockchain Technologies - Xiaofeng Chen and Xiangjuan Jia
11. Blockchain Technologies for Renewable Energy Resources with Case Study: SHA–256, 384, and 512 - Kaung Si Thu, Shubham Tiwari, and Weerakorn Ongsakul
About the Author
Dr. C. Sharmeela holds a B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, M.E. in Power Systems Engineering from Annamalai University, Chidambaram, India, and a Ph.D in Electrical Engineering from Anna University, Chennai, India in 1999, 2000, and 2009, respectively. At present, she holds the post of Associate Professor in the Department of EEE, CEG campus, Anna University, Chennai, India. She has 20 years of teaching experience and has taught various subjects to undergraduate and postgraduate students. She has done a number of research projects and consultancy work in renewable energy, power quality and design of PQ compensators for various industries. She is a senior member of IEEE, Life member of CBIP, Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India), ISTE, and Life member of SSI, India.
Dr. Sanjeevikumar Padmanaban (Member'12, Senior Member'15 IEEE) received a bachelor's degree from the University of Madras, India, in 2002, a master's degree (Hons.) from Pondicherry University, India, in 2006, and a Ph.D. degree from University of Bologna, Italy, in 2012. He was an associate with various institutions like VIT University India, National Institute of Technology, India, Qatar University, Qatar, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland, University of Johannesburg, South Africa. Currently he is working as a Faculty Member with Aarhus University, Denmark. He is a fellow of the Institution of Engineers, FIE, India, fellow of the Institution of Telecommunication and Electronics Engineers, FIETE, India and fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, IET, UK. He serves as an editor/associate editor/editorial board member of refereed journals, in particular, the IEEE Systems Journal, the IEEE Access Journal, the IET Power Electronics, Journal of Power Electronics, Korea, and the subject editor of the subject Editor of IET Renewable Power Generation, the subject editor of IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, and the subject editor of FACTS journal, Canada.
Mr. P. Sivaraman holds a B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and an M.E. in Power Systems Engineering from Anna University, Chennai, India in 2012 and 2014, respectively. He has more than seven years of industrial experience in the field of power system analysis, renewable energy, power quality and harmonic assessments, and microgrids, providing techno-economical solutions to various power quality problems for industries all over India. He is an expert in power system simulation software like ETAP, PSCAD, DIGSILENT POWER FACTORY, PSSE, and MATLAB. He is a working group member of various IEEE standards and task forces. He is a senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), a member of the International Council on Large Electric Systems (CIGRE), and an Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers (India). He received Professional Engineers (PEng India) certification from the Institution of Engineers (India).