Certification is included in your seminar registration. You will receive information on how to log into the certification portal after registering for the seminar.
The Performance Measurement and Verification Expert (PMVE) professional certification establishes the primary standard for individuals engaged in preparing or analyzing measurement and verification plans. PMVEs typically work as M&V specialists and design, elaborate, and implement M&V plans for comprehensive and complex energy efficiency projects. PMVEs also work as consultants and project facilitators for facility managers and building owners. PMVEs work as senior M&V analysts for public administration, utilities, and financial institutions. PMVEs typically have advanced applied expertise in various aspects of M&V and are capable of preparing/challenging M&V plans and reports. Most PMVEs will hold a technical degree and have a solid understanding of various energy efficiency measures.
NOTE: EVO’s PMVE certification is earned by demonstrated advanced field M&V work achieved through a mix of M&V relevant education, professional expertise, and experiences.
- M&V Planning in Practice Training Course
- The M&V Planning in Practice exam tests the candidates’ competencies in:
- Understanding the challenges associated with the practical application of M&V
- Preparing an IPMVP compliant plan along with the associated M&V calculations
- Reviewing an M&V plan for compliance with the IPMVP
- Produce an M&V report compliant with the IPMVP
- The exam involves preparing key elements of M&V plans and determining savings in accordance with IPMVP. Students have a four (4) hour time window to complete the exam.
- An independent EVO instructor assesses the exam
- The instructor’s assessment includes written observations which provide feedback to the examinee.
PMVE APPROVAL CRITERIA
- Hold current PMVA certification or took the M&V Fundamentals and IPMVP course and passed the related exam with a mark of 70 % or higher within the last three years.
- Take the M&V Planning in Practice course and pass the certification exam with a mark of 70 % or higher.
- Have a technical college/university degree (provide a copy of the diploma)
- Work in the M&V/energy field for two years – could be M&V specialists at ESCOs, involved in design, elaboration, and implementation of M&V plans for energy efficiency projects, consultants and project facilitators for facility managers and building owners, senior M&V analysts for government, utilities, and financial institutions, or related.
- Complete the PMVE electronic application form available on EVO’s website and pay the certification fee
- The PMVE certification is valid for 36 months from the date of inception.
PMVE RENEWAL CRITERIA – Mix of the following:
- Prepared at least two detailed M&V plans (names should be on the M&V plan; should provide the title of the M&V plan, when it was prepared or implemented – should be in the same renewal cycle, and contact details for reference)
- Review of M&V plans. Must provide evidence of administrative and technical work in reviewing such plans for programmatic and other purposes.
- Being employed in the field for the period of the certification (require start/end dates of employment and description of the duties. The duties should be the same or similar to the ones for PMVE approval)
- Teaching M&V, energy, EE, energy financing, etc. courses/webinars/masterclasses (should provide the title of the courses, dates when delivered, program/agenda showing they were the instructors, reference contact details)
- Speak at conferences on relevant topics (should provide the title of the event, dates within the renewal cycle, programs showing they were the speaker/presentation)
- Trainee to relevant courses (provide the certificate of attendance within the renewal cycle)
- Author of published articles, papers, (provide the title, date of publication, copy or link to the publication; names should be on the publication),professional reference books in the field of energy efficiency and/or M&V
- Being a registered M&V specialist in your country (if such certification exists in the country, the candidate should provide a certification number and link to a website where this can be verified, or contact details for reference, and a short outline of the requirements for that certification)
NOTE: If your government requires you to be IPMVP accredited, please make sure you apply for renewal 2-3 months before your certification is due to expire. Thus, it will not lapse, and you will have been continually accredited without interruption.
If you do not pass the PMVE Exam and need to retake the PMVE Exam there is an additional $250 retake fee. The original price of the seminar includes the certification as a package.
IPMVP© 2022 Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO). All rights reserved. The IPMVP and EVO training materials may not be reproduced or altered, in whole or in part, and may not be used or disseminated in connection with any commercial training course or seminar, whether in hard copy, digital, or other form, without EVO’s prior written consent. PBJ Tech Hub is an official training provider and has EVO’s authorization to reproduce, use in its training, and may disseminate to PBJ attendees taking an authorized EVO based training course.